Job Title: SEO Content Writer & SEO Content Strategist
PixelCutLabs is not just an award-winning search engine optimization (SEO) agency. PixelCutLabs is a fast-growing group of value-driven people that regularly deliver massive value to clients across the USA.
Originally founded in Dallas, TX. Current plans are to establish a presence and build a team in Austin, TX.
The Position: SEO Content Strategist
Core Responsibility: Develop strategic editorial calendars for SEO agency clients and write the content according to SEO best practices while integrating rigorous agency-specific SEO content optimization standards.
This is a position for an A-player who has an entrepreneurial spirit and wants to be a part of something bigger than a job.
- On-topic content is written for clients across a variety of industries, delivering massive business value through proven SEO strategy.
- Clients value content produced by PixelCutLabs, using it as a talking point when referring people in their network.
- The content workflow is streamlined and clients rarely request rewrites, removing friction from the SEO engagement that typically arises from the content process.
Performance Indicators (note – these metrics will determine the new team member’s success in his or her position).
- 95% of all content assignments are completed according to the deadlines agreed to between the project manager (what we call “Client Success Advocates”) and the content strategist.
- 90% of all written content requires no more than one revision round.
- Written content is of high value to both the agency client and their audience
- Client blog traffic increases over the duration of the campaign (6, 12, or 24 months)
The right candidate for this job has all of the following abilities and traits:
- A desire to learn relentlessly and to deliver massive value to clients
- Existing knowledge of SEO and the ability to prove that knowledge
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines without failure
- Detail-oriented writing with excellent grammar
- The ability to adapt to new industries and trends quickly
- The ability to research topics thoroughly
- The desire and drive to create new processes that simplify the content strategy process for clients and new PixelCutLabs team members
- An unrelenting drive to deliver massive value to growing businesses (yes, this deserves a second mention)
Daily Tasks Include:
- Writing optimized blog content for SEO clients
- Completing all assigned tasks in the project management
- Calls with clients to further define writing style & request information for articles
- Sourcing images from image libraries to be paired with blogs
- Creating graphics in Canva to be integrated into blogs
Weekly Tasks Include:
- Exploring SEO industry trends and integrating new findings into the content strategy & SEO content writing workflow
- Providing a weekly report of progress to the Client Success Advocate (project manager)
Monthly Tasks Include:
- Researching industry news and trends for all agency clients
- Planning the editorial calendar for clients based on SEO best practices and agency guidelines
- Discuss content strategy with new & existing clients on recurring and irregularly occurring phone calls
- Developing a unique writing style for new clients as they are onboarded according to their requests
Quarterly Tasks Include:
- Improving the content strategy process by creating detailed documentation of the steps required to deliver world-class SEO content